Welcome to ZyberPH. Be one of us! Read first our VIP RULES. For more info and guide you. Read our FAQ

VPN for popcorn time

Post your Modded VPN, Tips and Tricks, Tutorials and etc.
clayvligon
Beginner
Beginner

VPN for popcorn time

Post by clayvligon »

Hi Guys ! I am new here and would like to learn from the experienced members who have been contributing to this forum for so many years. Call me a Noob when it comes to the world of technology but I do read about them daily.
I have come here for an experts opinion who can guide me as I have been using popcorn time to watch movies and shows but it always tell me to use VPN before viewing anything ! Can that be considered spam ?
I have been doing some research for a couple of days and people use VPN so they cannot be traced back to their original IP but the free VPN providers are not successful in masking your IP.
So guys help me out here with this as I read this review [Please login or register to view this link] but I am unable to understand the technicalities that have been used here !
My question is that which VPN provider should I go for as I watch lots movies and shows on the go as I travel a lot !

Regards,
Clay
garymiller

Re: VPN for popcorn time

Post by garymiller »

Well, for starters, viewing any stream that is 'subjected to questioning' is not appropriate in PopCorn Time or any other similar service. Having said that, the legality of Popcorn time is questioned more rather than it's viewing repercussions. Here's everything you need to know about PopCorn Time, it's legality, viewing issues and possible recommendations and solutions: [Please login or register to view this link] Now, coming to your query of which VPN should you go for; well, in my opinion, you should go for these two VPN providers:
  • ExpressVPN
  • CyberGhost
Time and again, these VPN service providers have proved to be exceptional throughout. These VPNs would be my recommendations for Popcorn Time.
willieaames
Beginner
Beginner

Post by willieaames »

i`m not an expert but i want to give my 2 cents in. I was able to set up popcorn time, and PS3 Media Server to allow me to stream directly to my PS3 for easy playback. I'm also running ]Popcorn time VPN to protect myself as listed here: [Please login or register to view this link]
Other free ones also listed here: [Please login or register to view this link]
However, in the PS3 Media Server settings I had to force the IP of the server (my laptop) to 192.168.1.5 for the PS3 to be able to find it. Popcorn Time also lists this address in settings. This is just on my internal network though correct? I'm still protected from the big bad world?
Last edited by willieaames on Wed May 02, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LordGracias

Post by LordGracias »

willieaames wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:38 pm i`m not an expert but i want to give my 2 cents in. I was able to set up popcorn time, and PS3 Media Server to allow me to stream directly to my PS3 for easy playback. I'm also running ]Popcorn time VPN to protect myself as listed here: [Please login or register to view this link]
However, in the PS3 Media Server settings I had to force the IP of the server (my laptop) to 192.168.1.5 for the PS3 to be able to find it. Popcorn Time also lists this address in settings. This is just on my internal network though correct? I'm still protected from the big bad world?
You need a robust VPN in this case(maybe). They are few use case mentioned here -> [Please login or register to view this link]
I believe the paid VPNs are the rescuer here and never let your IP to be leaked.

Return to “VPN Users”