Welcome to ZyberPH. Be one of us! Read first our VIP RULES. For more info and guide you. Read our FAQ

Folders/drives wont open, search window shows

Get free computer support for your computer problems! Fix your computer with lots of free PC help, tips, tricks, and DIY tutorials.
Mzteriozo

Folders/drives wont open, search window shows

Post by Mzteriozo »

Click [Start] [Run] and type
"

Code: Select all

REGSVR32 /i SHELL32
"

then press the Enter key.

or Fixing your Comp. with Virus prob.

Here's the Solution

Fix:

Normally when a virus infects a windows system which causes a drive opening problem, it automatically creates a file named autorun.inf in the root directory of each drive.

This autorun.inf file is a read only ,hidden and a system file and the folder option is also disabled by the virus. This is deliberately done by the virus in order to protect itself. autorun.inf initiates all the activities that the virus performs when you try to open any drive.

You have to just delete this file and restart your system to correct this problem.

Follow the set of commands below to show and delete the autorun.inf

1. Open Start>>Run and type cmd and press enter. This will open a command prompt window. On this command prompt window type the following steps.

2. type cd\

3. type attrib -r -h -s autorun.inf

4. type del autorun.inf

if you have a d drive:
5. now type d: and press enter for d: drive partition. Now repeat steps 3 and 4. Similarly repeat step 5 for all your hard disk partition.

Restart your system and your immediate troubles will be fixed.

You will need to run a virus scan to find the program that started this.

Good Luck[/centre]
i'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance

Return to “PC Help & Support”